My favorite guy, Karsten, and I have been talking a lot lately about what it means to live a successful life. How do we find fulfillment? What really matters to us? What “rules” we want to create and live by?
He came up with this amazing “Do’s” and “Don’ts” list below, and it was TOO good not to share:
1. Give your best creative time, each day, to getting the one most important thing done, given the goal that matters most to you.
2. Get started now.
3. Enjoy every second of it.
4. Walk in integrity and love.
5. Smile a lot.
6. Understand the power of tact and rapport.
1. Wait until you’re ready (you’ll never be).
2. Wait for permission.
3. Wait for instructions.
4. Wait for buy-in.
5. Think about how or innovate before acting. You’ll find ways to improve in the passing of days.
6. Entertain or contemplate negative thought and criticism.
7. Let people slow you down or tell you no. You’ll get these people everywhere.
8. Treat people in unkind or take advantage of friends.
So, you—the one reading this—yeah, you!…
Whatever it is you *really* want to do, GO DO IT. Don’t wait for permission. If you’ve got air coming in and out of your lungs, that’s permission enough. You were meant to do beautiful, spectacular, “impossible,” awe-inspiring things.
So, what are you waiting for?